- Promotion of exchange of information relating to transplantation.
- Development of medical, biological and social disciplines in transplantation in Asia.
- Cooperation in the training at all levels of professional involvement – nursing, transplant coordinator, pharmacists, physicians, surgeons and other disciplines involved in transplantation.
The Hong Kong Society of Transplantation was incorporated in March 1995Major Objectives of the Society include -
- To promote for the public benefit the interests in and a better understanding of the advancement of science and knowledge in the transplantation and harvesting of organs and tissues.
- To promote organ donation.
- To promote research, education, training, and appreciation in the science and technology of transplantation, and to make available to the community up-to-date information on new developments in transplantation and organ/tissue harvesting for public benefit.
- To promote academic and social exchange among local and overseas transplant community, and to organize activities/conferences in this respect.