Important InformationAbstract submission is free and registration payment is not required at the time of submission.
Abstract submission deadline: 15 Dec 2022 Notification of acceptance: 15 April 2023
It is the submitter responsibility to ensure that all co-authors approve of the abstract submission, and potential presentation at CAST 2023.
We are pleased to announce that Transplantation Proceedings will publish our Congress proceedings.
Abstract GuidelinesAll abstracts must be submitted electronically through the Congress management system.
Policies for Abstract SubmissionOrgan Trafficking and Tourism Ethics Compliance
- Abstracts should be submitted only in English and there is no fee for submission.
- By submitting an abstract to CAST 2023, the submitter consent to having the abstract, if accepted, published in the Congress website as well as the Congress Apps.
- Only registered presenters will have their accepted abstracts published.
- Presenters from employees of commercial interests, selected for an oral or a poster presentation, may be required to submit additional information, including the presentation slides. Presenting content featuring clinical recommendations aligned to the business interests and/or products of the employer is strictly prohibited.
- For detailed instruction about Abstract Submission process, please click here.
To be eligible to submit an abstract, you must disclose that the author(s)/ scientist(s) have not violated any aspect of the following Ethics Statement:
- Declaration of Istanbul (DOI) ethics' statement
- Research conforms with the ethical statement on human research subject, Helsinki Declaration of The World Medical Association
- The Ethics of Xenotransplantation (Xenotransplantation 10:194-203, 2003) For research involving human subjects -The Helsinki.
- The Transplantation Society Ethics statement
Abstracts should not include libelous or defamatory content. Material presented in abstracts should not violate any copyright laws. If figures/graphics/images have been taken from sources not copyrighted by the author, it is the author’s sole responsibility to secure the rights from the copyright holder in writing to reproduce those figures/graphics/images for both worldwide print and web publication. All reproduction costs charged by the copyright holder must be borne by the author.
CAST 2023 regard plagiarism as serious professional misconduct. All abstracts are screened for plagiarism and when identified, the abstract and any other abstracts submitted by the same author will be rejected. In addition, the submitting author’s profile and scholarship application, in the case one has been submitted, will also be cancelled.
Abstract Submission ProcessChoosing a Track Category
During the submission process, you will be asked to select one track category for your abstract.
- Anesthesia management and Critical Care
- Basic and Translational Research
- Cellular and Regenerative Therapies
- Donation and Procurement
- Ethic and Education
- Heart & Lung
- Pancreas, Islet & Intestine
- Sex and Gender in Transplantation
- Transplant Immunology
- Transplant Oncology
- Transplant Pathology & Imaging
- Xenotransplantation & Tissue histocompatibility
- Others (bone marrow, cornea, uterus etc)
The abstract text body is limited to 3,000 characters including spaces.
Abstracts must be comprised of four distinct sections:
- Introduction: Describes previous research and the rationale for the current study
- Method: Describes how the study was conducted
- Results: Describes the results of the study
- Conclusion: Summarize the study and discusses its implications
- All submitted abstracts will go through blind peer-review carried out by international reviewers selected by the Scientific Program Committee
- Abstracts which do not meet the focus of the topic selected by the authors will be reassigned at the discretion of the Review Committee
- Abstracts will be assessed based the following criteria:
- Interest: Is the content original/important/relevant to our field?
- Novelty: How and to what extent are the findings likely to influence clinical or research practice, education or policy?
- Robustness and quality of the data: Are the methods/methodological approach clearly described? How confident is the reviewer in the strength/trustworthiness of the data and/or conclusions/discussion presented?
- Presentation and Clarity: The basic purpose of the research/project is clear
- Abstracts may be submitted for oral, or poster presentation.
- Authors may submit an unlimited number of abstracts; however, should he or she have more than two abstracts accepted for oral presentations, a co-author must be designated to present the additional accepted abstracts. All presenting authors must pre-register and attend the Congress.
Congress Scientific AwardsCAST 2023 will offer a number of merit-based awards to recognize investigators who present superior abstracts at the Congress. We will also provide travel grant to Young Investigators who are from Emerging Economy Nations to help offset expenses incurred to attend this congress.
- Awardees will be selected from the pool of eligible applicants based upon the abstract's degree of excellence, as determined by the CAST 2023 Scientific Program Committee and Education Committee of Asian Society of Transplantation.
- The winner of the awards will receive complementary registration of the Congress and prize of USD300
- The number of awards is subject to final score of the submitted abstract
- Be a member in good standing of Asian Society of Transplantation (and/or Hong Kong Society of Transplantation for investigators from Hong Kong) or have an approved membership application submitted and accepted prior to applying for the award
- Register and attend the Congress and present the abstract in person
- Attend the Opening Ceremony at the Congress to receive the award
- Best Abstract Awards
- Travel Grant for young investigator from Emerging Economy Nations
- Abstract presenting authors under 42 years of age
- Working in a full-time position in an emerging economy nation